Over the years ABARI has assisted in the successful resolution of Auto Body Shop / Customer issues.
The Auto Body Association of Rhode Island encourages all auto collision repair customers to contact their repair facility first to attempt a resolution of any issues regarding collision repair.
If you cannot resolve your repair issues with your shop, we suggest that you fill out our dispute resolution form below.
All information is confidential and will not be shared or used for any purpose other than providing assistance in the dispute resolution process.
Auto Body Association or Rhode Island Authority
Although we greatly help consumers and businesses through information and business self-regulation, we are not a government agency, nor do we have law enforcement powers.
• We cannot force a business to do what the customer wants, although most businesses work with us to ensure customer satisfaction;
• We do not have legal authority, nor do we provide legal services. We can inform you of applicable laws and refer you to legal assistance;
• We cannot help either party involved in a dispute break a legal contract; however, we will attempt to assist if misrepresentation or fraud is involved;
• We do not make recommendations or endorsements, but can provide you with a list of shops that have pledged to follow ABARI standards;
• We do not appraise repairs or pass judgment on the price charged for services, however, we can process complaints regarding misrepresentation in these areas.